Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Great Dog Walking Day

Gorgeous Day

We had a great dog walking afternoon. The weather was sunny with cool winds on the bay and if you're in a hot zone I'm sending you some of our bay breezes. Not every day is a good dog walk day. We try.... but my little old cocker spaniel has days when I have to help her into the car and when we get to our destination she quits soon after we start. Those are the days when she stops to smell everything and I know she just doesn't have the energy. She's losing her sight and has been deaf for awhile....but today there was a little zip to her walk and I count it as a GREAT DAY! This is the view along one of the many places I take her. It's at the end of a corporate park and the buildings don't block the view. They landscaped the area with plants that are almost like California natives, lots of different grasses and low water shrubs and flowers. At last landscapers understand we don't have English weather and lush lawns and flowers waste too much water here.


And here's what I love about this particular walking area.....doggie clean up stations with never ending rolls of poop bags and a disposal can below. They have them about every 50 feet. So what do I see within 2 feet of one......dog poop on the ground! Geesh some people don't get it and make it hard for the rest of us dog people...rant over.




I know it looks too manicured and tame to some of you but for me and Gwyn it means no fleas and no fox tails to get in her ears and feet.

The walk was the only productive thing I did ALL DAY and my time off is coming to an end. I didn't do any of the cleaning or tossing I said I was going to do and now I'm in a panic. Sunday I have a birthday celebration for my dearest friend in the world who will be 90 and I have to get cracking.

Ya think maybe I'm spending too much time in Blogdom?





Hope your tomorrow is as beautiful as my day was today.

14 Comments:

At 10:33 PM, Blogger Peggy said...

That looks lovely Saz! Do you know what those purple flowers are. They must be very salt resistant. I'm glad you and your dog had a good walk. I can't wait for Polly's foot to be better so we can go on walks again. My dad is home from the hospital too. Thanks for asking.

 
At 10:36 PM, Blogger saz said...

Peggy - I have to think what those flowers are - they dry well and are used in florist arrangements - also attract butterflies like crazy! I'll post the name of them on your blog when I remember....

Glad Dad's home and Polly foot is better!

 
At 11:08 PM, Blogger F&W said...

Such beautiful pictures! Walking the dog is one of life's little treasures, isn't it? I'm glad you had a great day.

 
At 11:46 PM, Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

Saz...what a beautiful place... perfect for walking dogs. Are you spending too much time blogging? Probably! So what's new. It's an epidemic. If it makes you feel better....I'm woefully remiss in getting to "other" things around the house too. I've stopped feeling guilty over it....almost. Take care...

 
At 4:12 AM, Anonymous Alan G said...

Wow...what a great place to walk. And furnished to boot! LOL

Dog poop two feet from a disposal can? That sounds about right!

Glad to hear your dog had a good walk today also. Sounds like it was good for both of you to get out.

 
At 8:47 AM, Anonymous Tricia said...

I'm glad you took time to enjoy the day yesterday. It might be a rainy fall/winter again. The trees are turning already.

 
At 9:25 AM, Blogger Betty said...

Beautiful photos. It's still hot and humid here, but almost time to start seeing the first signs of fall. We're hoping for lots of rain. Glad your dog was feeling good, too!

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger Ginnie said...

It's so good to hear that sort of blog from you...I remember when you (and your little dog, I'm sure) were melting from the heat. It's a lovely place to walk and your final statement made me think of something I try to follow: "I pray that people will treat me tomorrow as I treat them today". It really keeps me on the ball when dealing with others!

 
At 12:19 PM, Anonymous susan said...

I'm glad to hear the two of you had such a good day. What a beautiful place to take a walk. I so appreciate dog-friendly spots.

 
At 3:07 PM, Blogger Newt said...

I don't miss California too much, but those pictures did me in. I never thougt about how much fun it would be to take the pups to the beach. Ohhhhhh, man,,,,,,,,

Oh, how is the City of Falling Angels? I have heard mixed reviews. I LOVED Garden of Good and Evil.

 
At 12:19 AM, Blogger saz said...

Hi Newt - Thanks for your visit! Pups and beaches go together - you're depriving them.

I'm having a hard time picking up "City of Falling Angels" - didn't really grab me yet and sometimes that's the kiss of death for me and a book. But I so loved "Midnight In The Garden Of Good And Evil" that I'll keep trying.

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger Chancy said...

Saz I did so enjoy your dog walking post and the lovely photos.

I started "City Of Fallen Angels" about a week ago but put it aside to read a light mystery by Sandra Brown. I too am having a difficult time gettin into "Angels" but perhaps I will get back to it soon.

 
At 6:16 AM, Anonymous Terri said...

I'm catching up on your previous posts and liked this one.
But...if you sent your wonderful bay breezes and cooler air this way...I'm afraid I didn't get it. Could you please resend?
I envy you and your dog having cooler air and what a gorgeous place to walk.

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger Newt said...

I guess it doesn't count that they walk along lake and river beaches does it? The closest we have gotten is the great lake shores. Those actually have some pretty nice crashing waves to play in.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home