Monday, July 24, 2006

The Wicked Witch Is Dead

I'm Melting...I'm Melting





So it's still hot in Whine Country (thanks Goldenlucyd for the name). I'm melting at 91 degrees and it looks like no end in sight. There was a fog sighting close to the city but not enough to cool us off. It does give me the chance to post this picture of one of my favorite characters. She scared the heck out of me as a child but I grew to love her and all things witchy. I like all the new children's movies but The Wizard Of Oz is still one of my favorites. I spent a lifetime wanting those Ruby Red Slippers but my mom insisted I could have nothing but black or navy shoes.

The good thing about living thru a heat wave in the Bay Area is Whole Foods Market was quick to feature 3 kinds of Gazpacho soup in their Deli. You could have the standard tomato gazpacho or a green gazpacho or HEIRLOOM TOMATO gazpacho (which looks suspiciously like beets - yuk). How "trendy" is that? I bought all three so I don't have to turn on a stove for a couple of days.

And I'm beginning to hate the weather sites who tell you it's 91 but it feels like 95. I don't need that suggestion cuz my mind and body go right to 95.

11 Comments:

At 7:14 PM, Blogger F&W said...

It is horrid, isn't it?

It's like Momma Nature herself is saying, "I'll get you my pretty...and your little dog, too!" *insert mighty witch cackle*

 
At 7:36 PM, Anonymous susan said...

I'm whining right along with you. We are such weather wimps!

I want my 60 degrees back!! LOL

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger saz said...

Thanks ladies - we sure can tell who the West Coasters are can't we?

 
At 5:57 AM, Anonymous Alan G said...

Took a look at your local weather report this morning. Looks like things are going to start cooling down. It has actually been cooler here in Arkansas than there the last couple of days.

But this too shall pass....

 
At 7:19 AM, Blogger Jay said...

We've had a couple days break from the heat, but temps are heading back into the 90's today and for the next week at least.

I've never actually tried Gaspacho. I watched Emeril and a couple of other at Food Network make it though.

 
At 8:20 AM, Blogger Ginnie said...

Saz: I feel for you. I can't stand the real hot weather.
Keep on trudging the "yellow brick road" and you're sure to get a break soon.

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger Kell said...

Sending you cool thoughts!

I love Whole Foods. We got one here this year, but it's a pain to get to.

 
At 3:26 PM, Anonymous Terri said...

Finally found my way to your blog....and have really enjoyed the posts. Especially all Les Cat ones....adorable cats.
Sure hope your heat lets up for you pretty soon and you get a breather of cooler air.
I'm also whining right along with you. Oh, but wait....I'm IN Florida and that's to be expected in July, I guess.

 
At 1:08 AM, Blogger saz said...

Thank you everyone for your cooling thoughts - they worked!

 
At 11:51 PM, Blogger Peggy said...

Les Girls was on the telly yesterday. I didn't have time to sit and watch it, but I thought of you.

 
At 1:20 AM, Blogger saz said...

OH Peggy - Too bad you didn't watch it - it's an old fashioned charmer!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home