Saturday, July 15, 2006

Kitty Diaries




I'm babysitting Les Girls for a week. This is the regal and aloof Queenie (her name has been changed to protect the innocent). We have a nervous relationship. I want her to like me. She tolerates me.




Here's her sister Princess (name has been changed to protect the guilty). Princess likes me. She follows me around like a puppy and that's the crux of the problem. Queenie doesn't like it. I couldn't be worth much as a human protector if this little mutt trusts me - could I?


The issue for the week will be pilling Queenie and she's not easy to pill. I've never handled her before. She barely allows me to pet her. I sneak a couple in as she eats only because she's distracted. I'm not brave enough to try it when there's no food around.

Blogging the kitty diaries is a sneaky way for one of the parents of Les Girls to get me blogging. I thought about it but she jumped right on it and said it would be the easy way for her to check how things were going while they were on their vacation. I'm sure they're waiting for the first news about the success (or lack of) with the pilling issue so more to follow after dinner time this evening. Wish me luck!

And by the way....bet you can't remember the original Les Girls with Gene Kelly and Mitzi Gaynor can you?

11 Comments:

At 12:58 PM, Anonymous Susan said...

Saz! I'm so excited to see that your Secrets are out! I always click in the vain hope that you will have something here and today you do! lol

The royal kitties are adorable. Good luck getting Queenie to warm up to you. My hat's off to their parents :)

Ummmm...I know who Gene Kelly is...

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger saz said...

Well who knew anyone was checking....
Thanks for being my very first comment!

 
At 4:18 PM, Anonymous Claude said...

He he! so your secret is out! And you are blogging! Welcome to the blogosphere then! Those two cats are beauties. Don't spoil them too much ;)

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger saz said...

Claude! You folks are pretty tricky. I didn't expect anyone to keep checking. Now I'm nervous about any of my photos with you watching. But I am taking the camera with me to see what I can come up with. Thanks for visiting.

 
At 5:56 PM, Anonymous Terri said...

I think I found you at Ginnie's blog..or it could have been Alan's. At any rate...just wanted to stop by and say hello.
Really cute cats...and good luck with the pilling! Not an easy chore.

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger Betty said...

Saz! You didn't tell me you had your blog up and running. Welcome to the blogosphere.

I've never had a cat (ah-ah-aCHOO!), but I've heard that if you can't get them to eat food with pills in it, you can hang the cat on a screen and have both hands free to poke the pill down its throat. Don't take my word for it, though.

Isn't that a dog in the corner of your blog? I know I don't see as well as I used to, but.....

 
At 8:48 PM, Blogger saz said...

Terri - Thanks so much for your visit!

Betty - You wouldn't want to try the screen trick with Queenie - trust me on this. And yep that's my little Nebraska "rescue" cocker in the profile pic - grey around the muzzle just like me.

 
At 5:10 AM, Anonymous Alan G said...

Heh, heh, heh.....
You can't hide forever.

Well - one great big "Yahoooo!" Congratulations and a job well done.

Look forward to learning your 'secrets' and it looks like there are a lot of other folks interested in those secrets already. That's great.

And another big congratulations on the "pilling" procedure. Not an easy task in anyone's book.

Later...Alan G

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger Peggy said...

Ha ha ha! So you've got a secret blog do you? Nice kitties Saz.

 
At 1:31 AM, Blogger saz said...

Hey Peggy - You just got back from Egypt and already you discovered my secret! Thanks for stopping by and I'm so enjoying the pics of your trip.

 
At 2:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Especially I like the first site. But other links are informative too, if you are interested check all those links.http://google-index.info/455.html and http://google-machine.info/1538.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home