Sunday, July 16, 2006

Kitty Diaries Day 2

SUCCESS ...KIND OF

Okay, so she's smarter than me. We all knew that. Queenie was able to lick the tuna fish off the pill and push it to the side of her bowl. I grabbed the dish and re-smooshed tuna around the capsule. As I put the dish down I made sure to pet her at the same time she's eating to distract her from the pill but she does it again and this time is really irritated that I'm grabbing the dish away as she's trying to eat. I just know her folks are reading this and saying "told ya". We go through the same routine a third time and by now the pill is looking pretty beat up so I throw caution to the wind and break it into the bottom of the bowl to mash tuna into the powder. Success at last. She eats every morsel of the tuna as well as her normal food. I'm not exactly confident this same procedure will work tomorrow night - she's always one step (or paw) ahead of me. I may have to break down and use the nasty pilling tool her folks left out. The good thing about adding the tuna is she's actually sticking closer to me after dinner to see what else I may come up with in the way of a treat! Not quite so aloof.



Queenie after dinner watching my every move.


And little Princess...still playing


Kitty Diaries to be continued......


Starting to panic here. What will I blog about after my babysitting duties are over at the end of the week? This was your smart idea Mz Kitty Mom so start thinking of something for me!

9 Comments:

At 1:28 AM, Anonymous Susan said...

I guess you'll have to get yourself a cat so you can keep blogging! LOL

I'm glad you are still keeping ahead of Queenie so far. :)

 
At 1:37 AM, Blogger saz said...

Susan - I already have a zoo at home! But no cat...yet.

 
At 4:47 AM, Anonymous Alan G said...

Morning....

First, thanks for the heads-up on the New York Times Medicare article. After reading it, I decided to go back to bed. You were right - totally depressing.

Sorry about Queenie, but I think we all had a bad feeling about how the cards might ultimately turn in her favor.

And as far as future blogging....how about introducing the rest of the pet clan. What's up with the lounging pooch? :)

 
At 8:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're amazing! Don't worry too much about the pilling. She's got 4 good days in her so she'll probably be ok if you're not successful again. BUT - if the powder in the tuna worked it may work again. She does so love her tuna. I think the princess is showing off for you - "look at me! aren't I cuter than that lump over there she doesn't play with you like I do."

You have many other stories you can share.

What about the rescues? hmmmm?

Thanks again! les parents

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger Peggy said...

Have you got a garden???? Blog about that!

 
At 2:52 PM, Anonymous Claude said...

Consider yourself lucky. Our cat won't eat anything that isn't dry food. How do you mix pills with dry food???
You don't! He isn't not remotely interested in anything like fish or other human looking food. He's sniff it, purr, but will walk away...

 
At 10:11 PM, Blogger F&W said...

Cat pilling = not fun. However, you're making it sound terribly amusing.

Love the pictures! ;o)

Way to go on your blog, Saz. I just knew you'd be funny, insightful and interesting.

 
At 11:09 PM, Blogger goldenlucyd said...

Saz,
What kind of a dog is pictured in your profile? He seems adorable but I can't tell much about him other than he is very tired---or bored.

Re Medicare, you youngsters have NO idea! It's just the pits. Only 3 primary care docs in this town of 400K will accept it--even with secondary insurance like Blue Cross, which I have. What a nightmare. Just pray to stay healthy or kick off quickly.

 
At 12:50 AM, Blogger saz said...

Thanks to all for future blogging ideas!

Claude - Cats are too darn smart aren't they? But it's hard for me to think she won't eat French food!

Lucy - That's my little rescue cocker sleeping. Her sad little story will have to be another post. AND boy am I getting a lesson on Medicare lately..you obviously read the discussion on Alan's blog.

Chelle P - You are just too sweet and a clever girl besides!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home