Saturday, July 15, 2006

Kitty Diaries - Day 1

SUCCESS - TRIUMPH - VICTORY !!!!!



Queenie's pilling was all of the above. Take note royal parents, age always triumphs over youth and beauty! But I can't take all the credit. I caught Warren Eckstein on his Pet Place radio show this afternoon and "how to pill a cat" was one of the segments. This is a great radio show for pet lovers. You can check out his web page at:


http://www.thepetshow.com/


His suggestion is to get some smelly wet cat food and put it in tupperware with the pills in the fridge for a day. The pills pick up the odor of the food and disguise the pill odor. I ran right out to the store for a can of tuna fish. Took the top off and put the can in a plastic container with a few of her pills then put the container in the fridge. Took my Gwyn ( aka Cujo) for a walk. Came back late so I was sure both girls were good and hungry. I took a teeny tiny bitsy scoop of tuna and wrapped it around the pill to put on top of her crunchies.






Here's the miniscule teeny tiny tuna pill. I'm showing this cuz the "folks" think I'm always sneaking Les Girls extra food. And yes, I did give a slight teensy scoop of tuna to the Princess as well.






I stood over her and watched every bite. She gulped the tuna pill right down and kept eating. Didn't hold it in her cheek and spit it out!






Look at that girl EAT!










Where's the tuna pill?





I know the folks (should they check in) think this is beginner's luck. She is one smart cat and usually figures out what you're trying to do after the first move. So tomorrow will be the big test. BUT I'm feeling darn good right now.




After-dinner nap.












And the Princess just wants to play.








Kitty updates to follow...stay tuned!

6 Comments:

At 4:11 AM, Anonymous Claude said...

Well done! Our cat just refuses to hae anything to do with pills. I think he'e rather die. We have to resort to shots!
Great photos!

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger Andrew said...

And I thought teenagers were hard to fool!

 
At 11:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You ROCK!!!
This is so awesome. I knew you were the most fabulous cat sitter in the world! with pictures even - we're so very impressed.

We're having a blast and have no worries because you are on duty.

love ya mucho!
les parents ;-)

Love this blog!!!

 
At 12:08 AM, Blogger goldenlucyd said...

Saz, I'm so happy to finally be able to connect. I simply couldn't get "hooked up" to your site until this very moment. I'm thrilled!
What a fun post. My family is cat crazy. I'm allergic so thankfully I can bail when it comes to pet maintenance!
Thanks for your visits and thoughtful comments. Thery're much appreciated.

 
At 1:14 AM, Blogger saz said...

Claude - Thanks for comment. YOUR photos are an inspiration!

Andrew - Just visited your blog and it's so interesting! Thanks for stopping by.

Hi Lucy - I started blogging a few days back. I'm so happy you're back up and running - you were missed! Please take time on your blog and tell us how you're recouping. Thanks for your visit.

 
At 5:35 AM, Anonymous OddMix said...

I think the quote is "age and cunning always triumphs over youth and beauty!" The cunning part is important - otherwise the beautiful young one wins over the old and senile. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home